Friday, December 5, 2014

Gallbladder, Round Two

My PCP ordered a HIDA scan to rule out gallbladder once and for all as the cause of many of my issues.  I have to be at the hospital for it between 7:30 and 7:45 tomorrow morning.  Time right now?  4:15 am...this is NOT the time to have insomnia, brain!  And since I have to fast for this, I can't even down chamomile tea to knock me out.

*insert the loud sound of one Cherish's head hitting a desk in frustration*

This would be a significantly smaller problem if the HIDA scan was the ONLY thing I have to do tomorrow.  I'm returning to work at noon, partaking in a long, oft-tiresome meeting, then going straight from work to help set up a company outreach event we do annually until late evening.  That event will kick off on Saturday at 7:30 am.  To say sleep deprivation isn't allowed for tomorrow would be an understatement, but I fear that's just the reality I'm facing.

...Maybe I have a copy of "Walden; or, Life in the Woods" from college...that always knocked me out back in my English major days.

(...no offense to you Walden lovers...I just am NOT one of them.  I understand the greatness of Thoreau's work from a literary perspective and a cultural one, but I have no love of it personally.)

No comments:

Post a Comment