Saturday, December 13, 2014

We Will Pretend This Sleep Madness Makes Sense

It's 4 am here.  The wicked exhaustion I fought off all day prompted me to doze from 7 pm to 1:30 am.  Hubby let me crash as, let's all be honest here and quote him directly, "When you came home so surly, my first thought was, 'Geeze, does someone ever need a nap!'"  (True love right there, folks.)

And I did.  Only now I woke up with a really sore elbow (slept on it funny), heartburn (my ever-present frenemy the past few days), and still sleepy but unable to sleep.  So probably going to take something to crash here in a bit so my entire Saturday isn't wasted.

Then I look across the hall, where my hubby dozed off on that couch...and all I can think is, "Holy crap, do I ever love that man."  And I feel all happy inside...and conflicted as I know he'll be in pain if I leave him sleeping there, but I don't want to disturb him, either.

So, to attempt to add some cohesion to this, anyone got a good remedy for gallbladder-caused heartburn?  Because I'm about out of ideas here and would really, really, really like to sleep more than 4-6 hours at a shot sometime in the next, oh, week.

No comments:

Post a Comment